Applied Behavioral Finance
No matter what’s happening with interest rates or whether the market is up or down, behavioral finance affects us all—client and advisor alike. Understanding that we’re subject to the forces of behavioral finance and how to work with those forces to clients’ advantage can greatly enhance the advisor-client relationship.
The Institute’s online Applied Behavioral Finance course is designed to help advisors address common financial decisions that trip up investors. Featuring notable experts from leading business schools - like Dan Ariely, Andrew Lo, Tobias Moskowitz and Meir Statman - the program presents in-depth, thoughtful, and interesting research from the field today. Then, we’ll take it a step further and give you strategies and tactics to help you translate what you’ve learned to your own experience working with clients, including tips from notable practitioner and New York Times Bucks Blog columnist Carl Richards.
Please note that this is a course. Successful completion of this course does not result in a professional designation or credential.
- Why Behavioral Finance
- Principles of Behavioral Finance
- Behavioral Finance and Investing
- Communicating with Clients in Light of Behavioral Finance
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $695 Member
- $895 Join & Learn
Learners must complete each module and pass a corresponding quiz to receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded one-time, upon completion of the full program. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 20 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full program (may take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 20 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full program
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the "dashboard", and click "update my demographic information" on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- 20 hours of Professional Development CE credit for IIROC, cycle 07
- Certificate of completion with CECAP course ID provided upon completion to self-report to IIROC
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This course can be customized and registration discounts are available for large groups. For information on group pricing, please contact our sales team:
Lara Davies | U.S., East
Suzie Byrnes | U.S., West and Mid-West
Asif Nasim | Outside Continental U.S.