The CIMA® certification is one of the most valued certifications in the investment consulting and wealth management industry. Here are five reasons why earning the CIMA certification is critically important for today’s advanced investment advisors:
- Competitive differentiation. CIMA certification stands out in a sea of financial certifications for its effective combination of theory and practical application. Perhaps most important, when prospective clients are evaluating multiple advisors to choose from, having the CIMA certification can put you over the top.
- Higher compensation. Compared to other financial advisors, CIMA holders report earning more, managing twice the assets per client, generating more than twice the revenue per client, and attracting a much bigger share of clients’ investable assets.
- More confidence with clients. Achievement of CIMA certification gives advisors confidence they need to provide sophisticated knowledge and know-how and sound advice as clients’ needs and circumstances become increasingly complex.
- Expert instruction. The CIMA exam curriculum is taught exclusively at some of the world’s most prestigious business schools by experts in their respective fields.
- Relevant content. Institutions, as well as high-net-worth individuals, are particularly demanding when it comes to the qualifications of their advisors. The CIMA curriculum is established by advisors, for advisors, and is updated regularly to address contemporary strategies and techniques.
- Continuing Education. Earn between 28-40 hours of CFP®, CPWA®, or RMA® certification CE hours after completing the CIMA education programs. CE may need to be self-reported depending on provider.
1 Source: Adding Expertise to an Advisor’s Practice: The Value of CIMA Certification, Aite Group, Boston, 2013