Digesting the Alphabet Soup of Finance Theory for Retirement On-Demand
Finance theory (and practice) has many acronyms: LCH, MVO, MPT, CAPM, PT, TDFs, TIFs. This session will explain these concepts and demonstrate how some Nobel Prize-winning theories may be incorrect for retirement planning. It also will include a quick interactive online diagnostic of potential behavioral biases. A new approach and theory focused on retirement income, along with a simple innovation co-authored with Nobel Laureate Robert C. Merton (SeLFIES), could greatly simplify management of client retirement portfolios.
Speaker | Arun Muralidhar, PhD
Arun Muralidhar, PhD, is the author of a number of books including most recently 50 States of Gray: An Innovative Solution to the Defined Contribution Retirement Crisis. Muralidhar is founder of Mcube Investment Technologies LLC and founder and client chief investment officer of AlphaEngine Global Investment Solutions. He serves as an expert advisor to the World Economic Forum’s Retirement Investment Systems Improvement Project.
Registration & Fees (USD)
Learners must watch the program in its entirety to earn continuing education (CE) credit. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 1 hour of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded to account upon completion (may take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
This program is only available for online viewing through October 31, 2019, regardless of the date purchased.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content.
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at email@example.com for assistance.