Endowments & Foundations Consulting
The Endowments & Foundations Consulting online course teaches advanced methods for institutional investment consulting with endowments and foundations clients. Course participants learn the unique dynamics of advising non-profit clients, key principles of successful consulting and investment management, and best practices for maintaining a rewarding relationship.
Content for the course is segmented into 7 learning modules. Modular learning includes readings, lectures, case study, sample documents, and supplemental videos.
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Non-Profit Organizations
- Module 2: The Investment Policy Statement for Endowments and Foundations
- Module 3: Portfolio Construction for Endowments and Foundations
- Module 4: SRI, ESG and Impact Investing for Endowments and Foundations
- Module 5: Performance Monitoring for Endowments and Foundations
- Module 6: Outsourcing and Discretionary Management
- Module 7: Serving Endowment and Foundation Clients
For a more detailed description of each module, download the course overview document.
Please note that this is a course. Successful completion of this course does not result in a professional designation or credential.
Interested in hearing some of what you'll learn during this online course? Preview the content with Scott Thayer, CIMA®, program director with 35 years working with institutional clients, as he walks through creating an Investment Policy Statement in the below three-part video series:
This video series is informational only and not eligible for continuing education (CE) credit.
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $995 Member
- $1,195 Join & Learn (includes one year of Institute membership)
Learners must complete each module and successfully pass a corresponding quiz in order to earn a certificate of completion and receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded at one time, upon successful completion of the full program. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 13 hours of continuing education (CE) credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full program (can take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 12 hours of CE for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full program.
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the “dashboard”, and click “update my demographic information” on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at email@example.com for assistance.