Essentials of Investment Consulting
The Essentials of Investment Consulting program is designed for financial services professionals and their teams seeking to enhance their fundamental knowledge of core topics related to the investment consulting process. Comprised of two courses, the Investment Consulting Process and Math for Investment Consultants, this educational primer on investment consulting uses new study techniques and tools for an enhanced learning experience.
The program covers fundamental concepts and applications, including portfolio construction, investment types, manager selection, performance measurement, investment policies, and math for managing money for portfolio growth.
To complete the Essentials of Investment Consulting program, professionals must successfully complete both courses and successfully pass all of the quizzes.
Course #1: Investment Consulting Process Online Course
- Module 1: Client Discovery
- Module 2: Investment Policy Statements
- Module 3: Portfolio Construction & Risk Management Strategies
- Module 4: Manager Search & Selection
- Module 5: Perform Portfolio Review and Revision
Course #2: Math for Investment Consultants Online Course
- Module 1: Algebra and Statistics
- Module 2: Time Value of Money and Rates of Return
- Module 3: Fixed Income-Duration and Yield
- Module 4: Measuring Risk
- Module 5: Performance Measurement
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $545 Member
- $745 Join & Learn (includes one year of Institute membership)
Learners must complete each module and pass a corresponding quiz to receive continuing education (CE) credit . Learners can earn up to 15 hours of CE credit by completing the full Essentials of Investment Consulting program. Credit is awarded in two installments, upon completion of each of the two courses that comprise the full program. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- Course # 1: The Investment Consulting Process, 10 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Course #2: Math for Investment Consultants, 5 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded within 24-48 business hours of completion of a course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes
- Course # 1: The Investment Consulting Process, 10 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification,
- Course #2: Math for Investment Consultants, 5 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing a course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the "dashboard", and click "update my demographic information" on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This course can be customized and registration discounts are available for large groups. For information on group pricing, please contact our sales team:
Lara Davies | U.S., East
Suzie Byrnes | U.S., West and Mid-West
Asif Nasim | Outside Continental U.S.