The Investment Consulting Process
The Investment Consulting Process is an online course that explores the five-step investment consulting process for professionals new to the industry, or for those looking to deepen their understanding of the role of the investment advisor in a prudent process that serves the client. It provides a solid overview of the roles and responsibilities of investment advice, as well as the standards and processes that prudent advisors employ in formulating and delivering that advice. With opportunities to learn from expert instructors and apply your understanding, it is a great course to begin learning the best practices of investment advisors, as well as a starting point for the CIMA certification and can be taken to fulfill one of the required courses to complete the Essentials of Investment Consulting program.
Participants must pass five quizzes during the five-module learning path for successful completion of the program.
- Module 1: Client Discovery
- Module 2: Investment Policy Statements
- Module 3: Portfolio Construction and Risk Management
- Module 4: Manger Search and Selection
- Module 5: Perform Portfolio Review and Revision
Please note that this is a course with a certificate of completion, but successful completion does not result in a professional designation or credential.
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $395 Member
- $595 Join & Learn (includes one year of Institute membership)
Learners must complete each module and pass a corresponding quiz to receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded one-time, upon completion of the full course. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 10 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes (can take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 10 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the "dashboard", and click "update my demographic information" on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This course can be customized and registration discounts are available for large groups. For information on group pricing, please contact our sales team:
Lara Davies | U.S., East
Suzie Byrnes | U.S., West and Mid-West
Asif Nasim | Outside Continental U.S.