Why Work With a CIMA Professional?
There are hundreds of credentials in the financial services marketplace—with varying degrees of credibility—creating an alphabet soup of convoluted acronyms and information overload. So why should you work with a CIMA professional? Not all financial credentials are created equal, and very few meet the high standards of being accredited by a third party.
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification demonstrates that individuals have completed and adhered to the “four E’s”: experience, education, examination and ethics. In order to earn CIMA certification, candidates must:
- Demonstrate at least three years of broad experience in the field of investment management consulting or financial services by the completion of certification.
- Pass an extensive background check and qualification examination.
- Complete an education program at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, or The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully pass a comprehensive certification examination.
- Agree to adhere to an ethical code of professional responsibility and to complete 40 hours of continuing education every two years, including two hours of ethics continuing education.
What does CIMA certification mean to you?
Sixty percent of investors value investment management strategies and expertise over other competencies when looking for an advisor, according to IMCA research1. Today's investors need expert investment guidance and a qualified advisor for the job.
When working with a CIMA professional, you’re gaining the expertise of someone who voluntarily attained advanced competence as an investment advisor or consultant. More than half of CIMA professionals have 10 or more years of experience as financial advisors. CIMA professionals have the specialized knowledge and experience to properly guide you through complex financial challenges. Since 1988, CIMA professionals have contributed to the integrity, competence, and knowledge of investment advisors.
Click here to find a CIMA professional near you.
1Findings based on 1,041 responses to If Not Now Research, Inc. survey, 2015