As a member of the Institute, you’ll have access to:
- Significant discounts on professional certification program application and recertification fees. Our Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA), Certified Private Wealth Advisor (CPWA), and the Retirement Management Advisor ℠ (RMA℠) certifications set the bar for theoretical and practical advisor education. We provide training, administer the programs, and grant the certifications.
- Member discounts of up to 80% are available on the CIMA certification application and recertification fees. Members save up to $500 on the CPWA and RMA certification program fees and 80% on recertification fees.
- Members who are CIMA candidates receive unlimited access to a number of CIMA candidate-specific resources including the Candidate Resource Center and Math for Investment Consultants online course as well as discounts on select study prep providers.1
- Members-only preferred discounts on world-class conferences. Each year we hold conferences considered must-attend events by the advisor and consultant community. Our Investment Advisor Forum, Annual Conference Experience—ACE, Wealth Advisor Forum, and smaller focused gatherings feature deep-dive topical immersion, peer-selected and peer-reviewed content, expert speakers from top business schools, and an abundance of networking opportunities. View our full conferences calendar.
- Members-only preferred discounts on award-winning online educational programs. We offer certificate programs in vital areas such as Applied Behavioral Finance, Fundamentals of Alternative Investments, Essentials of Investment Consulting and Fiduciary Advice, Options and Futures, U.S. Tax and Regulation, and more. View our online education programs.
- Leading Edge Content and publications. Members receive complimentary subscriptions to Barron’s, Investments & Wealth Monitor, Journal of Investment Consulting, Retirement Management Journal, Investments & Wealth Research, IW Insight, and Legislative Intelligence.
- Barron's, the world's premier investing publication, offers the latest stock market news, in-depth analysis and commentary on the markets.2
- Investments & Wealth Monitor is our bi-monthly educational magazine that features industry news, discussions of timely investment topics, legislative updates, practice management tips, and legal information.
- The Journal of Investment Consulting is a premier, academic publication focused on empirical, graduate-level research and commentary from academic authorities and industry leaders.
- The Retirement Management Journal is an annual, peer-reviewed publication devoted to research and innovation in the world of retirement income planning and management. With contributions from advanced practitioners and leading academics, content addresses the growing need for advanced knowledge and expertise in retirement planning for today’s advisor.
- Investments & Wealth Research is a proprietary, in-depth research report delivered six times per year, exclusively for Institute members. The research reports on detailed topics like Characteristics of High-Performing Teams, and Growing Client Loyalty with High-Net-Worth Clients.
- Insight is our members-only, bi-weekly e-newsletter features educational content, and industry news highlights brought to members through a partnership with SmartBrief, an industry news aggregator.
- Legislative Intelligence is a monthly electronic newsletter on legislation and regulations that affect you and your clients, and help members keep a pulse on happenings in Washington and elsewhere.
- Investment Sense is a members-only, digital blog (written and video) devoted to technical issues for advanced investment and wealth management professionals
- Access to the exclusive Exceptional Advisor Toolkit. Our online toolkit provides the tools and resources our members need to help distinguish themselves in a global and highly competitive marketplace by showcasing their advanced knowledge and certifications.
- Access to an exhaustive library of online resources. Our online library is at your disposal. You can find CIMA and CPWA test prep resources, webinars, and other training programs, more than 2,000 peer-reviewed articles, model RFPs, and much more.
- Networking opportunities. The Institute brings together the best and brightest advisors, consultants, and wealth managers who share a drive to grow their knowledge and skills. Joining gives you instant access to this outstanding group through The Institute's members-only LinkedIn group and during our events.
Join The Institute today by completing the online application or submitting a hard copy application.
Already a member, renew online or complete the Membership Renewal Application now.
- Though you may find these materials to be helpful resources in your studies, they are not required and are not intended to provide comprehensive coverage of all topics associated with the CIMA certification process. The Institute’s resources are designed to help you focus your study, but they are not meant to provide exhaustive coverage of all topics on the qualification and certification examinations.
- Barron's subscription is only available within the continuous U.S. and does not include digital access.