Math for Investment Consultants
The Math for Investment Consultants online course is designed for financial services professionals seeking to enhance their fundamental knowledge of the mathematical concepts that support the investment consulting process. The course covers fundamental concepts and applications, including the mathematics of managing money and building portfolios. This course will help students prime their knowledge for the CIMA certification program and can be taken to fulfill one of the required courses in the Essentials of Investment Consulting program.
Participants must pass five quizzes during the five module learning path for successful completion of the course.
Module 1: Algebra and Statistics: Calculate mathematical problems using common notation, simple algebra, and basic statistics
Module 2: Time Value of Money and Rates of Return: Perform time value of money calculations and learn to calculate different rates of return
Module 3: Fixed Income-Duration and Yield: Perform various bond calculations
- Module 4: Measuring Risk: Calculate risk using different models and formulas
- Module 5: Performance Measurement: Measure a portfolio’s composite performance and risk
Please note that this is a course with a certificate of completion, but successful completion does not result in a professional designation or credential.
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $195 Member
- $395 Join & Learn
Learners must complete each module and pass a corresponding quiz to receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded one-time, upon completion of the full course.The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 5 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes (may take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 5 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full course, which requires obtaining a 70% grade or higher on each of the module quizzes
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the "dashboard", and click "update my demographic information" on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This course can be customized and registration discounts are available for large groups. For information on group pricing, please contact our sales team:
Lara Davies | U.S., East
Suzie Byrnes | U.S., West and Mid-West
Asif Nasim | Outside Continental U.S.