Investment Expert, and RIA Firm Principal Todd Wagenberg
Elected to Chair Investments & Wealth Institute Board of Directors
Investments & Wealth Institute also elects Brian Konish and Desiree Maldonado
to Board of Directors
DENVER (November 8, 2019) – Investments & Wealth Institute®
, formerly IMCA®
, elected a new slate of officers and directors for two year terms beginning January 1, 2020. The 13-member board of directors is comprised of advisory practitioners and those who support the advisor community. The volunteer board of directors governs and guides the organization as the fiduciary, policy-setting, and strategic governing body of the organization. Directors-at-large serve up to three two-year terms and may serve longer when elected as an officer.
The board officers who will begin two-year terms commencing January 1, 2020 are:
- Todd Wagenberg, CIMA®, has been elected to the role of chair of the board of directors. Wagenberg is co-founder and managing partner at Integrated Investment Consultants, LLC, a registered investment advisory firm in Birmingham, MI. Prior to founding Integrated, Todd was Managing Director and Institutional Investment Consultant for Wells Fargo Advisors and its predecessors. Todd’s experience includes managing currency and interest rate risk for Chemical Bank and National Australia Bank in New York. He was a market maker on the Chicago Board Options Exchange with over 30 years of investment consulting experience and a passion for risk assessment and risk management. Wagenberg joined the Institute board of directors in 2015.
- Dorothy Bossung, CIMA®, CPWA®, RMA®, CFP®, has been elected to the role of vice-chair. Bossung is executive vice president at Lowery Asset Consulting, a multi-billion dollar, Chicago-based registered investment advisory firm, where she provides consulting services to the firm’s institutional and family office clients. She has served on all the Institute’s Certification Commissions, and previously served on CFP® exam review. She joined the Institute board of directors in 2014.
- Scott Welch, CIMA®, has been elected to the executive committee, and will serve as treasurer. Welch is the Chief Investment Officer—Model Portfolios of WisdomTree Investments. Prior to that, Welch was the Chief Investment Officer at Dynasty Financial Partners and co-founded Fortigent LLC, a high-end provider of outsourced research, technology and practice management solutions to RIAs and banks. He joined the Institute board of directors in 2017.
- Christine Gaze, CIMA®, has been elected to the executive committee, and will serve as secretary. Gaze is founder and president at Purpose Consulting Group, New York, NY. Gaze and her team at Purpose Consulting Group work with asset managers and wealth-management firms to develop thought leadership and training programs that deliver results. She has held a variety of leadership positions at Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Alliance Bernstein, and TD Ameritrade during her career. She has been a member of the Institute’s board of directors since 2016.
The incoming board directors who commence two-year terms on January 1, 2020, are:
Desiree Maldonado, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®,
- Brian Konish, CFP®, CPWA®, is managing director of investments, Wells Fargo Advisors. Konish has served clients with Wells Fargo Advisors since 1999. With over 20 years of experience he has focused on assisting small-mid market owners & executives of privately held businesses prepare for future liquidity events. In 2013, Konish co-founded CiKon Ventures, LLC which provides financial and advisory assistance to local entrepreneurs, across various industries. He has been an active member of the Institute since 2011 and has served on the CPWA Certification Commission.
is a financial advisor at Popular Securities, LLC. Maldonado has served clients with Popular, Inc. since 2004. With over 20 years of experience, Maldonado has dedicated her career to assisting high net worth individuals and families manage and preserve their assets. Maldonado and her team offer comprehensive investment and financial planning services, and she specializes in helping clients plan for financial independence, manage risk, and plan their legacies. She has the unique distinction of being the first CPWA certificant in Puerto Rico and one of only a handful in Puerto Rico to have earned the CIMA, CPWA and CFP designations. Maldonado has been an active member of the Institute since 2004 and has served as chair of the CPWA Certification Commission.
Completing board terms in 2019 are David Koulish, CPWA®
, senior vice president and manager – Investment Risk and Global Fiduciary Risk; and Scott Thayer, CIMA®
, President, Thayer Consulting.
The Institute’s current chair, Kevin Sánchez, CIMA®
, senior institutional consultant, UBS Institutional Consulting, will serve an additional term as past-chair through 2021.
Directors-at-large continuing terms on the 2020 Board of Directors are:
- Libet Anderson, CIMA®, Vice President & Managing Director of Advisory & Planning, ProEquities (Alabama)
- Chris Bidwell, CIMA®, RMA®, Corporate Retirement Director, Senior Portfolio Manager, Senior Investment Management Consultant and Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley (Ohio)
- Keith Clemens, CIMA®, CPWA®, Senior Vice President, Merrill Lynch (Georgia)
- Noel Pacarro Brown, CIMA®, CPWA®, Family Wealth Advisor, and Senior Investment Management Consultant, Morgan Stanley (Oregon/Hawaii)
- Brian Ullsperger, CIMA®, Managing Director, Andersen Tax Investment Consulting (Virginia)
- Kelly Walsh, CIMA®, National Director Wealth Management Advisory Services, Coast Capital Wealth Management (British Columbia)
For additional information, contact Devon Coquillard, communications manager, email@example.com
or (303) 850-3202.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute®
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly IMCA, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, financial planners, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics.
Investments & Wealth Institute administers three certifications, Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®), and Retirement Management Advisor® (RMA®). Through its publications, live events, online courses, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 39 countries.
Email DevonCall Devon