Investments & Wealth Institute offers a new hybrid intensive Executive Education program for advisors
This unique blend of online, on-demand learning combined with a intensive in-person classroom experience this winter, will allow advisors to accelerate their road to gaining private wealth expertise.
DENVER (April 8, 2020) – Investments & Wealth Institute®
announced a new executive education program for advanced financial advisors looking to accelerate their level of expertise and become a Certified Private Wealth Advisor ®
. The CPWA Intensive Prep Course
is a new program offered through the Institute that allows candidates to obtain the CPWA curriculum through an online 6-month independent study course and then attend an intensive 2.5-day workshop experience in the winter of 2020.
After completing the online, on-demand independent study, candidates will attend the two and half day CPWA®
Intensive Prep workshop which emphasizes practice exams, case studies and targeted lectures to prepare candidates for passing the CPWA certification exam.
Applications for the CPWA Intensive Prep
class are available now, with online study starting in June and the in-person prep workshop to be held December 8-10, 2020 in Hollywood, Florida.
Program benefits include:
“We are pleased to offer another path to certification. The flexible format is curated for exam confidence, helping advisors achieve the coveted CPWA certification in about six months,”
- Flexible format allowing for online, on-demand learning over six months.
- Delivery through a thoughtful structure of adult learning strategies, such as lectures, interactive case studies, and group dialogue.
- World-class faculty and expert practitioners in the area of wealth management who have experience providing thorough and rigorous education and test preparation for the CPWA certification.
- Case study integration, more exam-like questions, and more targeted lectures to help candidates take the exam with confidence.
said Devin Ekberg CFA®
, Chief Learning Officer, Investments & Wealth Institute.
The Investments & Wealth Institute has administered the CPWA certification program for over 10 years. The CPWA certification is designed for seasoned professionals who seek the latest, most advanced knowledge and techniques to address the sophisticated needs of clients with a minimum net worth of $5 million. Unlike credentials that focus specifically on investing or financial planning, the CPWA program takes a holistic and multidisciplinary approach.
During the program, candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Develop a comprehensive wealth management strategy that considers family goals, objectives, values, and family circumstances
- Select wealth management strategies that are realistic, prudent, tax-efficient, and actionable in the areas of human dynamics, tax management, estate planning, and charitable giving.
- Learn how to integrate closely held businesses, concentrated asset positions, and executive compensation into a wealth management strategy.
- Identify the key roles, responsibilities, and opportunities for family members to manage family assets, as well as the benefits and risks of family wealth.
- Learn to effectively partner with the clients’ other advisors in tax planning, estate planning, and business succession planning.
Financial professionals wishing to peruse the CPWA certification must pass a comprehensive background check and have five-years minimum experience in addition to abiding by the Institute’s Code of Professional Responsibility. Upon acceptance CPWA candidates will have two years to complete the education component, and pass a 135 multiple choice question, 4-hour exam. Tuition for the online course and two-day workshop is $5,995 for members and $6,390 for non-members (includes food and lodging). The first cohort will begin June 8, 2020, with an application deadline of May 29.
For additional information, contact Devon Coquillard, communications manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 850-3202.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute®
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, financial planners, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics.
Investments & Wealth Institute administers three certifications, Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®), and Retirement Management Advisor® (RMA®). Through its publications, live events, online courses, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 39 countries.
Email DevonCall Devon