Institute Hires Shanquetta Pelzer to lead Software and IT Applications Development
The board of directors of the not-for-profit Investments & Wealth Institute
identified several macro-issues affecting the financial advisory profession and took subsequent actions to approve and fund a multi-year strategic plan designed to address those issues.
According to the Board, one of the most pressing trends facing the profession is an “acceleration of the digital revolution & raised expectations on the role of technology.” The Board listed issues related to this trend as: Client reliance on technology to facilitate an advisory engagement, advisor understanding and integration of technology solutions, increased digital competitors, and advisor expectations for the technology employed by the organizations which support them.
"As an organization of and for advisors, the Investments & Wealth Institute will begin investing heavily in technology,” said Angie Lutterman, CFO/COO of the Investments & Wealth Institute, “our IT Applications strategy is to evolve and integrate existing technology applications with new technology platforms to better engage our audiences, develop wanted products and services, mobilize key audiences toward desired activities and create new revenue streams through data-powered offerings.”
To lead Information Technology Applications development, the Institute hired Shanquetta Pelzer. Pelzer’s history includes roles at The World Bank, Lockheed Martin, ACCC Insurance, and several years in the Oil & Gas industry, responsible for IT support and software engineering roles. She is a U.S. Veteran, having served six years with the U.S. Army Military Police.
In her role leading IT applications, Pelzer will work with Institute staff, volunteers and third-party vendors to develop technology solutions that support the following initiatives:
- Digital badging so that individuals can promote their credentials proudly and more visibility in online channels amplifying their brand in the marketplace.
- Professional Development Tiers — a new system to allow members to customize their membership experience and personalize their level of professional development engagement.
- An online community platform (The Hive) dedicated to knowledge sharing, peer feedback and networking.
- Knowledge Centers — AI newsletters and AI content distribution powering six communities of practice, including the THRIVE Center for Diversity & Inclusion and the Center for RIA Excellence.
- A new Find an Exceptional Advisor directory to help consumers source and locate professionals with advanced expertise in investment planning, wealth management, and retirement planning.
- Software programs that systematize tools and techniques taught in the CIMA®, CPWA® and RMA® programs so that advisors may more effectively, consistently serve clients.
To learn more about the Institute's initiatives, visit www.investmentsandwealth.org
About the Investments & Wealth Institute®
Founded in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute is the premier professional association, education provider, and standards body for financial advisors. Through its award-winning events, publications, courses, and acclaimed certifications—Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®), and Retirement Management Advisor® (RMA®)—the Institute delivers Ivy league-quality, highly practical education to more than 20,000 practitioners annually in over 40 countries. Members of the Institute include the industry’s most successful investment consultants, advanced financial planners, and private wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics in applying a broad set of knowledge and skills in their daily work with clients. In total, members and certificants manage more than $4 trillion in assets for 700,000 clients.
Email DevonCall Devon