Managing Risk with Options On-Demand
One of the toughest challenges for advisors is to learn how to manage risk in their clients’ portfolios. That challenge can include balancing risk and reward, or finding a solution for a potential worst-case scenario. This panel discussion will review three risk-reducing strategies that can help advisors pursue an appropriate solution for their clients.
Speaker | Eric Cott, CRPC®
Eric Cott, CRPC®, has more than 20 years of experience in the financial services industry and is director of financial advisor education at the Options Industry Council (OIC), where he is responsible for advisor outreach and helps advisors and their firms use options more effectively.
Speaker | Anthony M. Gallea
Anthony M. Gallea is managing director—wealth management, senior portfolio management director, and financial advisor of the Pelican Bay Group at Morgan Stanley. He is a founding board member and first president of the Portfolio Management Institute and author of four books: The Lump Sum Handbook, Contrarian Investing; The Lump Sum Advisor, and Bulls Make Money, Bear Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered.
Speaker | Sean E. Heron, CFA®
Sean E. Heron, CFA® is the lead portfolio manager for the Glenmeade Secured Options Mutual Fund where he manages the Secured Options products and leads a team responsible for hedging and diversification strategies including the use of options, futures, and other structured products. He is a board member of the CFA Society of Philadelphia, instructor for the CFA exam, and adjunct professor at Rutgers University and Temple University.
Registration & Fees (USD)
Learners must watch the program in its entirety to earn continuing education (CE) credit. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 1 hour of continuing education (CE) credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded to account upon completion (may take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
This program is only available for online viewing through December 31, 2019, regardless of the date purchased.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content.
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.