Private Wealth Essentials
Private Wealth Essentials is an introduction to working with private wealth clients. This 14.5-hour course focuses on the specific needs of high-net-worth (HNW) clients in five core areas:
- Tax strategies and planning
- Portfolio management
- Asset protection and risk management
- Charitable giving, and
- Estate planning
Each of these areas is examined in conjunction with the needs of HNW clients fitting three different profiles: the executive, the closely held business owner and the retirement client. Participants will explore the needs of each client profile in each core area with the guidance of an expert.
Content for the course is segmented into seven learning modules. Course activities include readings, lectures, case study, and sample documents.
- Module 1: Private Wealth Management Basics
- Module 2: Tax Strategies
- Module 3: Portfolio Management
- Module 4: Asset Protection & Risk Management
- Module 5: Charitable Giving
- Module 6: Estate Planning
- Module 7: Client Profile Review
For a more detailed description of each module, download the course overview document.
Please note that this is a course. Successful completion of this course does not result in a professional designation or credential.
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $795 Member
- $995 Join & Learn (includes one year of Institute membership)
Learners must complete each module and successfully pass a corresponding quiz in order to earn a certificate of completion and receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded at one time, upon successful completion of the full program. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 14.5 hours of continuing education (CE) credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications, including 3 hours of tax & regulation
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full program (can take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 14.5 hours of CE for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full program.
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the “dashboard”, and click “update my demographic information” on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This course can be customized and registration discounts are available for large groups. For information on group pricing, please contact our sales team:
Lara Davies | U.S., East
Suzie Byrnes | U.S., West and Mid-West
Asif Nasim | Outside Continental U.S.