The MMI/Morningstar Sustainable Investing Curriculum provides an introduction to the fundamentals, principles, and practices of sustainable and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing. Designed to help financial advisors and investment professionals meet increasing investor demand for sustainable investing, the curriculum blends foundational information and terminology with practical insights from advisors who have already successfully integrated ESG into their practices.
These intermediate-level courses, developed under the guidance of academic and industry leaders, are based on 70 hours of interviews with subject matter experts and information from 180 unique sources. They cover key ESG concepts and approaches, examine common misconceptions, provide an introduction to ESG factor analysis, offer case studies of ESG issues, and real-world suggestions on how financial advisors can incorporate sustainable investing into their practices. The curriculum is suitable for financial advisors and anyone who would benefit from a practical understanding of sustainable investing and how it can be integrated with traditional advisory approaches and practices.
Please note that this is a course. Successful completion of this course does not result in a professional designation or credential.
- 34 complementary learning objectives
- 7 Level 100 courses to provide a deeper understanding of ESG issues
- 1 Level 200 course to improve practice management techniques
- 3 to 4 knowledge checks within each course
- 2 quizzes interspersed between every 3rd course
Registration & Fees (USD)
- $595 Member
- $695 Join & Learn (includes one year of Institute membership)
Learners must complete each module and pass a corresponding quiz to receive continuing education (CE) credit. Credit is awarded one-time, upon completion of the full program. The following entities have accepted it for CE credit:
Investments & Wealth Institute®
- 3.5 hours of CE credit for CIMA®, CPWA®, and RMA® certifications
- Automatically uploaded upon completion of the full program (may take up to 24 hours to be reflected)
- 2 hours of CE credit for Fi360 AIF®, AIFA®, and PPC® certifications
- Reported on your behalf within one month of completion of the full program
- 4 hours of CE credit for CFP® certification
- Reported on your behalf to CFP Board within 2 weeks of completing the full program
The CFP ID field on your Institute account must be complete and accurate for this process to take place. To verify: log in to your account, navigate to the "dashboard", and click "update my demographic information" on the right-hand side to locate the CFP ID field.
The Institute is proud to be a CE Quality Partner of CFP Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Upon successful registration, learners will receive two emails: one including a transactional receipt and a second including navigation instructions for accessing the content. Access instructions are also below:
- Log in to the Investments & Wealth Institute website, and click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
- From the Dashboard, click the "My Online Learning Center" link in the left navigation.
- Once re-directed to the Online Learning Center platform, your content is located under the heading My Courses on the main page. Alternatively, you can find it in the My Learning tab across the top navigation.
Please monitor your inbox and spam folders for these communications or contact the education department at email@example.com for assistance.