Before beginning the study process, CIMA certification candidates should complete the following three steps:
1. Download the Candidate Handbook. The Detailed Content Outline will serve as a study guide for the Certification Exam.
2. Download the Institute’s “Sample Formula Sheet for CIMA Certification.” The formulae on this sheet are a resource only, and are not a substitute for understanding and applying the topics covered on the exams. This formula sheet, which is updated periodically, contains formulae that may be expressed differently by academic publishers and providers of study/review materials.
3. Review Investments & Wealth Institute's Code of Professional Responsibility.
A number of resources are available to understand the CIMA certification process and study for the Certification Exam. The following resources can help candidates study for the Certification Exam. No single resource, however, is intended to provide exhaustive or comprehensive coverage of all topics found on the exams. These resources are designed to enhance a candidate’s knowledge in the key areas tested in the CIMA certification program. Ultimately it is the candidate’s responsibility to determine how comfortable they are in their knowledge of the topics included on detailed content outlines for the exams and to seek additional industry resources.
Investments & Wealth Institute Offerings
- Candidate Resource Center
This free online resource for candidates who are also Investments & Wealth Institute members provides topic overview readings, section quizzes, and other helpful resources, including calculator tutorials.
Independent Review and Overview Offerings
The following independent providers offer examination review, tutoring, and/or overview services to candidates and interested individuals.
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
CIMA Certification Exam Prep Workshop
Rebecca Meyer, Associate Director: +1 312-423-8037
Executive Education main line: +1 312-464-8732
- Yale School of Management
Online exam prep for the Certification Exam
Jim Dobbs, CIMA®, CFP®, CPWA®, Program Director: +1 720-224-1530
- Investment Management Research Program–Australia
CIMA Certification Exam Prep Workshop
Graham Rich, Dean, Investment Management Research Program,
+61 2 9247 5536 | Email: email@example.com
- Wiley Efficient Learning
CIMA Exam Review
Call: +1 888-884-5669 (North America) or + 928 204 1066 (International)
- The Wiley CIMA® Exam Self-Study Course allows candidates to review the CIMA® curriculum at their own pace, while also providing an opportunity to engage with other candidates through a student discussion board.
- The program includes: Adaptive Planner and Personalized Study Schedule, 1,000 Test Bank Questions, Print or eBook Study Text Covering Every Learning Objective, Full-length Mock Exam, Student Discussion
- With the “Partner Until You Pass Guarantee” pay only once for the Wiley CIMA® Exam Review and receive all updates and upgrades free until you pass. Prepare for the CIMA® Exam with confidence.
(Note: Investments & Wealth Institute makes no assertion regarding the quality or knowledge of these providers. The providers offering these resources have no knowledge of the examination items included on the Certification Exam.)
Candidates should familiarize themselves with an acceptable financial calculator. Guidance for using non-programmable calculators can be found on the independent websites: eLearnAbout or Calculator Tutorial Index.
Investments & Wealth Institute's Calculator Policy for the CIMA® Certification Examination
Investments & Wealth Institute will allow use of the following calculators on Certification Examination: HP 10b, HP 10bII, HP 10bII Plus, HP 12C, HP 12C Platinum, HP 17B, HP 17BII and HP 17BII Plus, as well as the Texas Instrument BA II Plus, BA II Plus Professional and BA II Plus Business Analyst. Newer and older versions of these calculators will be allowed for use.
Candidates are required to clear their financial calculator's memory prior to an exam. Any notes, including manually programmed formulas, will not be allowed in the testing area. If the calculator has notes/formulas printed on the calculator, or includes any other information, it must be removed or covered by solid color tape. Calculators are subject to inspection by test center staff.
(Note: Investments & Wealth Institute does not endorse or recommend any specific model for use on the CIMA Certification Examination.)