Based on the study’s findings, The CIMA Certification Commission subsequently revised,consolidated and simplified the CIMA Core of Body of Knowledge into five knowledge domains covering 22 knowledge sections that investment advisors and consultants with at least three years’ experience will be required to know. The following changes were made to the CIMA certification program:
- A new section on real assets will be created.
- Substantial additional emphasis has been made on passive investment vehicles and strategies, including a new section covering investment philosophies and styles.
- A new topic area outlining responsible investing will include investment analysis and portfolio construction related to ESG factors, impact investing and socially responsible investing.
- An expanded and consolidated application domain, “Portfolio Construction and Consulting Process,” which includes greater content focus on the application of ethics and fiduciary principles and guidelines.
- Knowledge and skills related to behavioral finance will be enhanced substantially.
- Knowledge and skills related to portfolio risk management will be enhanced substantially.
- Additional emphasis on tax and regulatory education through the executive education program and ongoing continuing education will be implemented.
The CIMA Core of Body of Knowledge has been consolidated and simplified into five knowledge domains covering 469 topics that investment advisors and consultants with at least three years’ experience will be required to know. See a detailed outline of content in FAQs for CIMA Candidates.