Submission of an application will result in a background check conducted by Investments & Wealth Institute staff. Within ten business days, prospective candidates will be notified of official acceptance into the program.
US$600—includes application fee, background check and initial attempt at the Certification Exam
Candidates can enroll in an education program offered by one of the approved Registered Education Providers listed below once their application is accepted.
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Yale School of Management
- Investment Management Research Program – Australia
The Certification Exam is a 5 hour, computer-based examination administered at local Pearson VUE testing centers or through Proctor U for online testing.
A number of independent providers offer online and in-person study resources to help candidates prepare for the Certification Exam.
Time Commitment: Successful candidates report studying for approximately 150 hours, and using a variety of resources when preparing for the CIMA Certification Exam. Including, but not limited to, the executive education program completed through an approved registered education provider.
Once Investments & Wealth Institute receives successful exam results from the testing center, candidates will receive an email to complete three final steps.
- Document a minimum of three years of verified work experience in financial services and pass a second background check.
- Sign an agreement to adhere to the Investments & Wealth Institute’s Code of Professional Responsibility and the appropriate use of the certification marks.
- Pay an initial certification fee.
How advisors can help clients and themselves build personal resiliency to the challenges created during the pandemic